Sunday, May 9, 2010

Home Stretch


 Well, school is almost over and I can taste summer. All the stuff in my house is almost completely gone and scattered all over my parent's house in Houston, which they are not thrilled about, I can assure you! Construction has begun on the lot next door which was completely barren all year. I know this because of the absence of the fence that once stood between that lot and Sage's backyard, and the hammer pounding at 7 a.m. So, I was forced to ban Sage to my parent's house with her friend Izzy. It's really quiet here without her and as I look around my room I see the lines in the carpet where her kennel and toy basket used to be. The backyard no longer houses her baby pool or her dogloo. 
 

So as I study here in College Station for my last final, I can't help but miss my wiggly, happy dog. However, I know she'll be doing a lot of playing until I get home.


Thank you to all of your kind words about Sage's luxating patella. She is doing fine. I have been documenting the times when she begins to limp or hold her foot up and it seems to be becoming more frequent. With that said, she doesn't seem to be in any pain. I feel that it is just more of a bother than anything because she doesn't yelp or cry when it happens. I'm planning on calling the vet again and seeing whether surgery is the best option. She still runs and plays like nothing is wrong, but then all the sudden freezes while holding her foot off the ground. I guess we'll see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Uh oh thats one naughty patella Sage has got, let us know what happens. She will be super excited to see you after her "holiday"!

    Koda

    ReplyDelete