Friday, August 3, 2012
The Little Things
Well, you may have realized that here at the "Sage" household (let's be honest, it really is...), I've been really busy! My photography business (Erin Beckwith Photography) is taking off, which is exciting, but also very stressful. Typically when I'm stressed and really busy I procrastinate, usually by posting on this blog! But, I've been too busy to even procrastinate! Sorry!
So, when I'm not photographing sessions or sitting in front of my computer for hours on end editing those sessions, I've been trying to appreciate the little things. This little project has prompted me to turn my car around on the way home to watch a big barn owl high up in a tree hunt at sunset...save a turtle on the road that was for sure flirting with death...and write down all the little things I love about Sage.
I thought I'd share them with you. It's really the least I can do, since I've been neglecting this beautiful blog!
These are in no particular order since I love them all.
1) The way Sage lays her head in my lap when she wants something (and how I pretend it's because she's just being sweet).
2) That she wags her tail the entire duration of a walk and how the wagging side to side turns into a wagging circle.
3) She loves cucumbers and somehow knows when I'm peeling one and shows up at my feet with drool seeping out of her mouth.
4) The way she throws her tennis ball up in the air to herself.
5) On walks when she randomly pounces on little critters in the grass with both front paws (and how it makes me laugh every time).
6) The fact that Sage can find and will lay in ANY body of water no matter what.
7) The way she lays upside down in her bed.
8) She always remembers to sit before walking across the street (and how she looks at my eyes and waits for me to tell her it's ok to cross the street).
9) Our secret language that's made up of specific looks, whistles, and body language (and how I know she knows me).
10) The way she immediately grabs her toy when anyone walks into the room.
11) I love that Sage will hold her ball (or frisbee) the entire duration of her walk.
12) She responds to all of her nicknames...ALL of them!
13) When I give her a bone, she licks her lips. It's so cute.
14) She snaps her teeth when she gets excited or wants something (she sounds like an alligator).
15) That she loves (I mean LOVES) my dad.
16) She takes breaks when we're playing catch (usually under a shady tree) but always comes back when she's ready to play.
17) Her "milk mustache."
18) The way she falls asleep immediately after getting in the car.
19) She is always looking to make me happy.
20) That she barks whenever the doorbell rings...even if the doorbell rings on TV.
Take time to enjoy the little things because life is all about the little things.
Posted by Erin at 8:34 PM