Monday, January 30, 2012

A Quick Thank You!

I have to admit, I'm not the most avid blogger. I started this blog as an English project my junior year in college because we were required to. Our assignment was to create a blog and just write about something we were interested in. So I chose to write about my favorite thing in the entire world; my dog Sage. She was 11 months old when this blogging adventure began and we had already had some pretty interesting adventures.

However, as I began to go through the pictures I had taken from the past year and put our memories into words, something incredible happened. I realized that the Daily Adventures of Sage & Erin wasn't just a blog for my English class, it was our life and our memories put into words! This blog forces me to really take advantage and appreciate all the time I have with Sage because for some reason, when I am writing, I think about the end of the story. I know that someday Sage will no longer be with me. That's really sad to think about, but I know that I can go back and read about my time with her. I not only document the good times, but the hard times too. These stories are real and they're emotional sometimes. But that's what having a dog is like. It's not always easy, but it's incredible. So I love this blog! I may not update all the time, but the important stuff is here and I will blog about my time with Sage until the very end. 

So, that was a little deeper than I anticipated...but here is the real reason I wanted to write this post. I just wanted to say thank you to my blog friend Lauren for passing along two blog awards to us! I have been a terrible blogger because one of these blog awards came a long time ago. I think I'm supposed to pass them on, but I don't read many blogs! So, ya...like I said, I'm a terrible blogger.



So instead I want to say thank you to Lauren & Claire! Lauren's blog is called life with claire and it's awesome. Claire is Lauren's dog and their stories are hilarious. You should definitely check them out. (She also posts much more frequently than I do.) 

I also want to take this time to say thank you to all of you who actually read this blog! I'm thankful for all the funny comments as well as all the kind and supportive ones you leave when times are tough. Thank you so much! 

3 comments:

  1. hi there! i found your blog through lauren's, and i'm really glad she shared it with everyone. sage is quite a cutie. i'm so sorry she's having some medical issues right now, but i hope she gets better soon and had a great birthday.

    i'll be adding you guys to my google reader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for stopping by! we are always excited for new blog friends!

      Delete
  2. I hate that I'm JUST getting to read this post now! Clearly I've been waaaaaay behind on my blog reading (maybe I should take the time to figure out Google Reader?!) You are very welcome for those awards - you deserve them! I am so glad that you started this blog and even happier that you are continuing it! Give Sage a smooch for me!

    ReplyDelete