Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Heart for the Community


One typical afternoon last semester I was procrastinating by looking up student organizations on the internet. I stumbled upon Aggieland Pets with a Purpose. Aggieland Pets with a Purpose is a non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to enriching the lives of Brazos Valley area residents by enhancing their physical, social and emotional well-being with the unconditional love of our pets. APWAP provides volunteers and evaluated and trained animals for educational, rehabilitative and emotional assistance purposes. This obviously caught my eye and I began to read more about it. I found out that in order for your pet to be eligible, your pet must be at least one year old. Unfortunately, last semester Sage was not so I made a mental note to check it out again next semester. Today, I was procrastinating once again and rediscovered Pets with a Purpose. But now, Sage is two days from celebrating her first birthday! So hopefully we can do a little extra training so that we too can be a part of this really neat organization. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment